Now, before we get too deep, I will say that I'm not completely a mom that will not allow her kids to indulge in not-so-healthy food. They're kids, and let's face it, HUMAN and we ALL enjoy some sweets every now and then. Now, if they had it their way, they would get those "special treats" every day…but, they don't, and they know that! It's all about balance. I know the tendencies I have for sweets (which I love) and they are my children and I know they love them too… So I just have to be careful and allow it only sparingly and not all the time! I think that's a fair balance!
So, back to what my cooler looks like for the summer or any "snacking" day that we may have!
My kids love to eat, and fortunately, I've been able to train them to eat veggies and fruits…
Here's a few of MY favorites for snacks to pack!
I like to pair a protein with a complex carb when I'm eating the snacks!
- 20 grapes and 1 low fat string cheese
- 2 cupped handfuls of strawberries and scant handful of raw cashews
- Handful of carrots and cucumbers and 1 tbsp hummus
- 1 cup plain Greek Yogurt, 1/2 cup cantaloupe, 10 almonds
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese and handful of fresh berries
- 1 banana with 1 tbsp natural nut butter
- 1 apple (Pink Lady is my favorite!) 1 tbsp nut butter or 15 raw almonds
- Baked Apple Chips
And…my favorite meal (or snack) is Shakeology!! It's so easy and there's NO thought required (unless you just can't figure out which delicious recipe to choose!)…Just blend and GO!
|Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Shakeology|
Healthy Snack Cooler Options for my Kiddos!!
- String cheese or Baby Bell Cheese
- Strawberries or any berry
- Snap Peas
- Broccoli (as long as I have some kind of dip!)
- Red Bell Peppers (sometimes they like these)
- Sprouted Wheat Bagels with low fat cream cheese (from Trader Joes)
- Trail Mix (nuts, raisins, cranberries, dark chocolate)
- Cascadian Farm Granola Bars (I get these at Costco and there are only 7 ingredients and they don't have all the icky chemicals that some of those other brands have!)
|Healthy Granola Bar|
Also…trying to beat the HEAT in the summer and see some movies? Here's a list of healthy snacks you can slip into your purse for the movie theater! Shhhh…
|Healthy Movie Theater Snacks|
Would you like to get your summer started out right and be a part of a Clean Eating Challenge Group? If you need help getting your nutrition in line, fill out this application below to be a part of the May 5th Clean Eating Challenge Group. Get ideas on how to meal plan, what to eat, how to eat healthy and clean. You'll get support and accountability to stick to your eating plan!
To enroll in the challenge group or gather more information please complete the form below!
Online contact and registration forms from Wufoo.