My family loved this so much that we had NO leftovers...I was kinda thinking I would have some...but it was cleaned out! Next time I'll be making a double batch!!
1 tsp olive oil
1 1/2 lbs ground turkey
1 medium onion
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 Tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (to taste; optional)
2 (15 oz) cans black beans (or pinto beans) drained, rinsed
1 (15 oz) can all-natural diced tomatoes, no sugar added
12 fresh cilantro sprigs, finely chopped (for garnish; optional)
- Heat oil in large sauce pan over medium-high heat
- Add turkey, onion, bell pepper, and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink
- Add cumin, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute
- Add beans and tomatoes (with liquid). Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low; gently bio, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes, or until thickened.
- Serve warm, sprinkle with cilantro.
This is a great recipe for CROCKPOTS...or you can make ahead of time and place in a freezer ziplock bag (gallon size after it's cooled) and freeze for later...great for meal prep!!
(recipe from the 21 Day Fix Extreme Nutrition Guide)