I am always in search for a great snack or easy meal. I've always loved meatloaf but with all the added sauce it makes it difficult to eat it as a quick snack on-the-go. These muffins come from Jamie Eason's 12 week Livefit program, they looked great so I decided to try them! It gives me a perfect blend of complex carbohydrates and protein for a complete snack. Often I will make a double batch and freeze them to grab for a quick snack or lunch. I'll usually take 2 for a snack with a handful of veggies or for lunch I'll pair it with a big salad. They are easy to make and easy to take and go! The best part is that the kids love them too!
Be creative with these. I like to add zucchini or shredded carrots in mine, in addition to what the original recipe calls for.
- 2 lbs ground turkey or chicken
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp dried yellow mustard
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp garlic powder (or 2-3 cloves of fresh garlic)
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1/2 - 1 cup finely chopped spinach
Additional add-ins (optional)
- 1 Zucchini shredded
- 1-2 carrots shredded
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese (adds an Italian taste)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray muffin pan with olive oil
- Mix all your ingredients together in one large bowl
- Roll the mixture into balls and place in muffin tin. Muffins should be about the size of racquet balls.
- Bake for 40 minutes
- Makes 12 muffins
Serving size 2 muffins for women and 4 for men.
Calories: 80Fat: 2 g
Carbs: 4 g
Protein: 11 g
21 Day Fix Container:
2 muffins: 1 Red, 1/2 yellow
Original recipe came from Jamie Eason but it's been modified with changes I prefer, see original recipe here.