I make a lot of this and eat on it all week!!
Ingredients (Serves 10)
|Artichoke, Fennel and Tomato Salad|
- 2 jars (6 1/2 oz each) marinated artichoke hearts, drained (reserve marinade)
- 2 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- 1 TBSP Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 heads fennel (about 3 inches wide)
- 6 cups cherry tomatoes (yellow, red, orange), rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 cup lightly packed, rinsed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup slivered red onion
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Whisk 1/4 cup artichoke marinade (discard remainder), vinegar, mustard and garlic.
- Rinse and drain fennel. Cut off and save a few feathery green leaves for garnish. Trim off and discard remaining stalks, root end and any bruised areas. Cut bulb in half lengthwise across widest dimension, then cut each half crosswise into paper thin slivers.
- Add fennel, tomatoes, olives, basil, onion and artichoke hearts to dressing in bowl. Mix gently to coat. Add pepper to taste!
Add a grilled chicken breast to make a complete meal. Or serve as a side dish!