You've created your meal plan for the week. In creating this, I like to do things that will make it easy for me to prep. So for example, I'll double up on my lunches so I can make a lot of one thing at one time to save me time! Many times I'll eat the same thing for lunch because it's easy to prep!
What has given me the GREATEST success!
Obviously, planning gives me the greatest success for the week. But my PREP and the time I spend making my meals easy for me to stick to throughout the week is a close tie to the planning!
How I go about my prep for the week depends on how exactly I plan my week of meals! I really like to have my lunches made for the week so that I KNOW I have that finished and I don't have to put things together when I'm in a rush!
1. Make a List: Check your menu for what you don't have and what you need at the store so that you have EVERYTHING you need to prep for your week!
2. Go Shopping: I like to buy the bulk of my stuff at Costco because I know I can get my ground turkey, organic chicken, a lot of my veggies and frozen fruits for my Shakeology, eggs, and things I know I use a lot of I purchase there!
3. Consolidate prep work: Take a look at your menu and see what you can do all at the same time for prepping. For example, if you have salad for your lunches, chop all the veggies at one time and set them aside so that you don't have to do veggies all separately for every single salad.
Chop all the veggies for your recipes all at one time, it will save you time! Then, just set them aside until you need to use them.
4. Plan your cooking: I like to look at my meals, see what I can make and package ahead of time or what can be frozen for quick thawing for snacks or lunches. Whatever I can cook ahead of time over the weekend that will save me time is key for success!
Protein is great to cook in advance. I like to grill a few chicken breasts, turkey burgers, boil eggs for snacks. All of this saves me time and assures that I have my meal like I planned!
I even like to make it super easy and cook up a bunch of veggies for my lunch and have it in a "to-go" box so I can grab my lunch and eat it quickly!
5. Bag your Snacks: Make it easy on yourself. Cut up your veggies for snacks, measure them out and bag them up so you've got your veggies ready to go! Same for your fruit or nuts. The easier you can make it the more chance you have of succeeding!
6. Package your Meals: Once I've got all my protein and veggies cooked and chopped then I set out my containers (check out my cool containers I store my food in, I love them!) and start measuring my food and dumping them into my containers to pop into the fridge! I truly do it assembly line style. I set out all my lunches and snacks that I need these containers and fill them up, put the lid on and put it in the fridge for later!
- Cook ground turkey for meals
- Grill Chicken
- Grill turkey burgers
- Make turkey meatballs or turkey muffins
- Make egg muffins
- Boil eggs
- Cut & bag veggies (bell peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, carrots)
- Cook veggies (roasted Brussels sprouts, butternut squash, broccoli, asparagus)
- Bag my walnuts or almonds
- Prep salads
- Cook brown rice or quinoa
- Roast sweet potatoes
Now, depending on what you have planned for your dinners. I've done various things. If I have enough time to prep my dinners or even make ahead and freeze, then I will do this on the weekend. Otherwise, I at least know that I have all my ingredients I need to make my dinner. I love being able to prep and freeze ahead because as a busy mom, it just saves me so much time!
I hope this helps you in your planning and prep time. If you want more info about planning out your meals, check out this post: How to Meal Plan for the 21 Day Fix and 21 Day Fix Extreme.
Do you want even MORE support and accountability thru the 21 Day Fix? I would love to be YOUR Coach, if you don't already have one, and get you plugged into my accountability and support group to help you on a more personal level!
Please fill out this application below to be a part of my upcoming accountability group!
Online contact and registration forms from Wufoo.