Let me tell you...this is DELICIOUS, filling and satisfying!!!
|Beef and Butternut Squash Stew|
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs raw lean beef stew meat, boneless (cut into 2-inch cubes)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup low-sodium organic beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add beef; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until beef is brown.
- Add onion and bell peppers; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, broth, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Bring to boil. Reduce Heat to medium-low; cook, covered for 40 minutes.
- Add squash; cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 12 minutes, or until sauce has thickened and beef is fork-tender.
- Remove bay leaf; serve topped with parsley.
I made a double batch of this...I served it
for dinner with my family and then froze the extra in individual servings for later dinners!