The average person will gain 5-10 lbs during the holiday season!! Seriously...5-10 lbs!! I'm sure we can ALL say, "I've been there, I've been that person". I know I have been that person!!! Well...not this year! I've recently gone through the 21 Day Ultimate Reset and shed about 8 lbs, which was great!!! However...I don't want to gain that back or more!! Rather, I'd like to drop the last 5 pounds for good!!! I'll be honest, I definitely have struggled at times with consistency with my nutrition. I'm spot on with my fitness almost all the time...but I will have my moments of being totally on my nutrition and then fall off again. I'm tired of having those ups and downs, are you with me??
I also know that a goal that gets shared has power to it! So...here it is. I need the accountability just like the rest of us!!!
1. Lose the last 5 lbs between now and the end of the year!! I've started too many New Year Resolutions saying I would like to lose 5-10 lbs!! DONE...NO MORE!! I have 15 days before Thanksgiving and 50 days until January 1st! My goal is to stabilize myself at that 5 less pounds mark!!
2. Daily exercise...6 days a week! I'm really consistent with my workouts, I've gotten into a routine with these but I have not been as consistent with 6 days a week! So...from here on out...6 days a week! It makes me feel so good and consistency breeds consistency!!
3. Water intake- At least one gallon of water a day! Like I said above, I just recently finished the Ultimate Reset and on this program you have to drink a gallon of water each day!! I LOVED the way all the water made me feel (minus having to pee all the time!). But I noticed that as soon as I stopped that 21 day program, I was back to the inconsistency of not getting my water in for the day! This is also a great way to make you feel less hungry!!! So in order for this to happen I need about 5 of my Shakeology Shaker cups full!! I have noticed too that if I don't down a bunch of water right after my workout, I'm far less likely to get my water in for the day!!
4. Make a 21 Day Fix meal plan each week and stick to it! Now, I've been a little lazy with my meal plans and I've gotten bored with them so I haven't stuck to them! So, I'll be creating new meal plans and sticking to them. Some of them in the past have been a little more in depth with recipes and right now, I need easy meals during this busy time!!!
5. Cut down the YELLOW containers!! Ok, GUILTY!!! So, in the 21 Day Fix, my absolute favorite container is my yellow container (this is the carbs!). You name it...I love it!!! Oatmeal, english muffins, quinoa, brown rice, sweet potatoes...need I continue?? So, while I wish my container count had 5 yellow containers, it only has TWO!!! So, I have to choose wisely!! Not to mention, to make sure I get all my other containers in for the day!!! (For those of you not sure what I'm talking about...check out my post about the 21 Day Fix and the color coded, pre-measured containers to help with portion sizes and types of food!).
6. Have ONE serving of Thanksgiving Dinner!! Come on...I know Thanksgiving only comes around once a year, but seriously...do we NEED seconds and thirds on everything?? NO!! I'm just as guilty as the next person for doing this! When you get up and go get seconds, have you EVER come out of that saying, "man I feel so good after having that second serving?" NO!!! For me...I always sit back in my chair and say, "WHY did I do that?? I feel so yucky and full now!!" Never a good idea! So...I'm only having one plate of Thanksgiving dinner!! Are you with me???
7. Enjoy my Thanksgiving and Christmas! What is the goal of all of this? It's not to tell myself that "I'm on a diet and can't enjoy my Thanksgiving or Christmas meals..." Nope! It's quite the opposite!! These goals are to position myself in such a way that I know how to have great success with my nutrition goals...I know that the food I have in front of me is not controlling me...and I know how to make healthy choices!! This is to allow me to have the freedom to enjoy 1 plate of Thanksgiving dinner without feeling guilty for enjoying it!! These goals are about FREEDOM to enjoy the holiday festivities and not feel guilty after partaking in them!
8. Complete the 3 Day Refresh - I have yet to do this program that Beachbody has but I've heard amazing things about it...It's literally a 3 day alternative to popular cleanses that will provide proper nutrition and is safe and effective at helping you with rapid weight loss! So I plan to complete this starting right after Thanksgiving!! Jumpstart me back into my 21 Day Fix nutrition plan! I'll do this again right after Christmas!!!
Ok...so here you have it, 8 of my Holiday Health and Fitness Goals for this November and December. I am wanting to make this the healthiest holiday ever! Hands Down!!! I don't want to be among the statistics of gaining 5-10 pounds from now until Jan. 1st. I will be the OPPOSITE!! How many of you would like to start the new year out DOWN in your weight and rocking your New Years outfit?
Will you join with me in making some holiday goals for the rest of November and December? Share those goals below!! Do you need some extra accountability and help in reaching your goals or even setting some goals for yourself? If you'd like additional accountability or motivation, please fill out the application below for my Holiday Survival Accountability Group! Let's do this together and make it the healthiest holiday!!
If you'd like for me to be your health/fitness coach, please follow this link for a FREE membership click HERE. I would love to be your coach and help you with your health/fitness goals!!
There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.