|Picture curtsey of Janette's Healthy Living|
I'll definitely be trying this recipe out in the next couple days!!
Quinoa Chocolate Chip Banana Bake
- 1 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained well
- 3 cups water
- dash salt
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoon dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bring water to boil; add quinoa and salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes until water is absorbed and quinoa is cooked. Remove lid and spoon quinoa into a large mixing bowl. Let cool. In a medium bow, disk together eggs, almond milk, vanilla, cinnamon and maple syrup. Add quinoa and mix well. Gently stir in mashed bananas and chocolate chips. Spoon into individual baking dishes or one large baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until breakfast bake is set.
Optional Add-Ins: Craisins, Raisins, almonds, white chocolate chips, walnuts.