This is one of my friend's favorite meals. I noticed that she was always getting flank steak and never had a good recipe, so I finally got the recipe and, thanks to Rachel…here you go! It's a bit spicy, but you can tone it back as much as you want. We like to serve it over brown rice, but it's also good to serve in corn tortillas!!
- 1 flank steak (1-1.5 lbs)
- 2- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1- 15 oz can of pinto or black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 canned chipotle chile pepper in adobo sauce, diced (this is ONE chile, NOT an entire can of chiles--your mouth would be on fire! If you are sensitive to spicy foods leave this out or only do a small amount)
- 1 tsp adobo sauce from canned chile pepper
- Cut steak into 6 evenly sized pieces, place in Crock Pot
- Add the rest of ingredients and mix
- Cook in Crock Pot on LOW for 7-9 hours
Serve over brown rice with steamed veggies on the side OR serve inside corn tortillas.