Who DOESN'T love pizza? I know I love it!! And no, it's not the slightest bit healthy for you…not at all! So does that mean you should never have it for the rest of your life? NO…(everything in moderation people!!)…BUT, if you want it more than "just in moderation" you better find a more healthy way of eating it! One way, is to make the Cauliflower Pizza Crust, you can find that recipe HERE! But if you want even another way of making "pizza"…try this: Pizza Stuffed Sweet Potatoes! Ohhh…how I love sweet potatoes!!
|Pizza Stuffed Sweet Potato|
Here's what you need:
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- 1 applegate organic sausage, sliced
- organic pizza sauce
- organic shredded mozzarella or parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Slice potatoes in half and place face down on a baking sheet
- Bake 20-30 minutes, until soft
- In a skillet, over low-medium heat, add oil and onion and garlic. Sauté until caramelized.
- Remove and add a little more oil and the mushrooms. Sauté until soft. Remove mushrooms and add sausage over medium heat. Sauté until browned.
- Once the potatoes are soft, flip them over and smash the insides a bit with a fork.
- First top them with sauce, then add any desirable toppings, then with cheese.
- Put face up in the oven on broil for 2 minutes until cheese is melty.