(I got this recipe from Melanie Mitro…thanks!)
1 cup quinoa cooked in 2 cups of water. Fluff the cooked quinoa with a fork and scoop into a bow.
|Picture courtesy of Melanie Mitro|
- Extra virgin olive oil, as needed
- 2 limes juiced
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- 2-3 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/2 red or purple onion, diced fine
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded, diced fine
- 1 cup roasted corn kernels (I use frozen and put them in a dry skillet to brown a bit)
- 1 large head of crisp romaine lettuce, dried, sliced crosswise
- Gluten-free tortilla chips
- 1 large avocado, pitted, peeled, diced
- Black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 large tomato diced
- (optional, tortillas for tacos instead of salad)
Drizzle the cooked quinoa with EVOO and toss to coat. Squeeze the fresh lime juice, season with sea salt (to taste), toss to coat.
Add in fresh cilantro, onion, yellow peppers, black beans, tomato, and roasted corn. Stir all ingredients together.
Line plates or salad bowls with lettuce, spoon quinoa salad on center of the lettuce (if you want to use tortillas place down center of tortillas for tacos). Add the avocado to each salad plus a few tortilla chips to the salad too!
You can also add salsa or cheese to this if you'd like!