However, looking through her Shape magazine it suddenly brought me back to some memories I had of always searching for a SOLUTION for my up and down weight and feeling good about myself! Years ago, I would often purchase magazines like Shape or Fitness because I was just trying to find a way that I could get in shape like so many of those women featured in the magazine, who knows...they could have all been airbrushed...but nonetheless I was searching for what to do. I would cut out the pages of the magazine and try and "trouble shoot" my problem areas...my tummy, hips, thighs...whatever it may be! I would do some of those exercises for a couple days and then not continue.
I just remember always wishing I could get results like that. Thinking if I just followed those 5 exercises that it could happen. But there were many parts missing. What were they??? For me, this is what was missing:
1) Accountability: The magazine clip out didn't check in with me daily. It sat on my dresser not even caring if I did the exercises or not!
2) You can't trouble shoot your problem areas: These 5 or so workouts they would give in the magazine articles were great, but you're not going to get the overall body transformation from 5 different exercise moves. It didn't suggest full body training or cardio in these articles!
3) No nutritional plan: With these articles I would clip out, there was nothing that talked about your nutrition and that in order to get results like these models you've got to change your daily nutritional habits. Now, it may say a snip it about nutrition, but it didn't teach me how to do it! That's what I needed...someone to help me understand the full extent of how to eat healthy, what that looked like and what kind of portions I needed have each meal! I was clueless what that looked like!
5) Support: The magazine clipping didn't give me the support I needed. It was a resource, a picture, an ideal that I felt like I couldn't reach. It was not someone on the other side of the clipping saying..."Don't give up", "You can do this", "Let me help you"! Last time I checked, magazines didn't talk or give me personal support and daily motivation and help!!
For many years I went through this process of clipping exercise moves thinking this was the way to go. But it never worked for me! I continued to find things that I thought would work...gyms and classes that I would attend for only a month or 2, back in college I did Jenny Craig, I tried various other activities or exercises and it just didn't work for me. Why? For me, it came down to support and motivation. I discovered that I work best and get the greatest success when someone has my back! When someone is asking me how my day went, when someone is giving me to tools to know how to eat and how much to eat, when I have the daily support and motivation!
So...what was that for me? It was finally discovering a Challenge Group. Plugging into the daily support, motivation, guidance, teaching and a group of people working toward the same goal!! It was surrendering myself to get accountability from others who have succeed, who have gone through the same testing of other things that I did.
If you can relate to this...I have a solution! This is what has finally worked for ME. It's what I teach my other challengers to do and it's what has brought success to so many of my challengers who step up and say "I need a change, can you help?!"
Pretty much, in a nutshell...it's what I mentioned above. It's a support/accountability group.
- It is a SAFE place for people of all kinds of fitness levels, knowledge and understanding.
- It's for those who are out of shape and never worked out to those who are seasoned fitness gurus and want to bump up their results.
- It's for people who have 100+ pounds to lose or those who only need to lose the last 5-10 lbs (and anything in between).
- It's for people who want to learn how to eat clean and healthy, what kind of portions to eat and how much each day!
- It's for people like YOU and ME!!
What is my favorite program to get started especially for those who don't have nutritional understanding?
When I first joined a challenge group, I was introduced to clean eating. I learned the basics of it and had great success. However, when the 21 Day Fix was first released in February 2014, this brought it to a whole new level of understanding. It taught me what were the appropriate portion sizes to have at each meal and how much of each food group I should be eating every day. It took all the guess work out of what I needed in order to be successful!
|The 21 Day Fix portioned containers!|
This has also helped countless challengers have amazing success!! It's exciting to see people take the tools they are finally given and have it change their lives! They now have a nutritional lifestyle they can live with on a daily basis. This is not a diet, it's a lifestyle!
So...I want to help YOU!! Are you ready for a change and a way to finally stop the yo-yo dieting or not knowing what direction to go or how to get there? Let me help you make a change that is not a diet...but a lifestyle! Are you ready? Let's GO!
I want to get you plugged into my upcoming Accountability Group to get you the support and motivation you need to get the results you want...the be the HEALTHY person you desire!
If you're interested in making a change, please fill out this application so that I can know your goals and know how to best help you! Please don't be scared...these groups are a private and SAFE place for anyone! The goal is to help you reach your goals!
HTML Forms powered by Wufoo.