First, you've got to have a base of green apples! They're my favorite and any Apple Crisp must have a "tart" base!!
- 5-7 green apples
- 1/2 to 1 tsp of cinnamon (I love cinnamon, so more is always better for me!)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour (or whole wheat flour)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (I told you I love this stuff)
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2-4 Tbsp honey (per your desired sweetness)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel and core the apples ( I have an Apple, Peeler, Corer, Slicer from Pampered Chef that I used and it worked awesome!!). If you don't have one of those cool gadgets, then peel and core apple and slice in thin slices after cutting apple in half!
- Coat the apples with the cinnamon, nutmeg and maple syrup and pour into a 9 x 9 dish.
- In a medium bowl combine the oats, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and
- salt together and stir.
- Combine coconut oil and honey together and then add to the dry mixture. Make sure they are completely combined together.
- Top the apple mixture with the crumb topping!
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 30-40 minutes or until topping is browned.
Serve warm (and yes, we're going to put some vanilla ice cream on top!)