If you love pancakes like I do...then you'll love these! We are definitely a pancake family. Every Saturday morning we make whole grain banana pancakes. I've cleaned it up over the last year where they are pretty "clean". But this one will be come a favorite for me for sure!
|Oat 'N Cashew Hotcakes|
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 dash Himalayan salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup distilled water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cup mixed berries
- Place oats, cashews, cinnamon and salt in a food processor or blender; pulse until coarsely ground.
- Add egg, oil, water, and extract; pulse until well blended. Batter will be thick, but if it is as thick as past add 2 to 3 additional Tbsp of water.
- Heat medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup batter into skillet for each hotcake; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until bubbles form on top.
- Flip with spatula and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve hotcakes topped evenly with berries.