So I haven't tried this recipe yet, but my mom sent this to me and said it is her new favorite! So I thought I'd post it up here and see what ya'll think! I'd love to hear your feedback...I hope to try it this week! Tell me how you like it!
· 1 medium onion, chopped (or more)
· 4 stalks celery, chopped (or more)
· 1 can chicken or vegetable broth, fat free, low sodium (14-15oz)
· 1 large can crushed tomatoes (28oz)
· 1 can diced tomatoes (14-15oz)
· 1 teaspoon dried basil (or more to taste)
· 1 teaspoon dried oregano
· 1 teaspoon dried thyme (…or 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning instead of oregano and thyme)
· 2 teaspoons granulated garlic or garlic powder (not garlic salt)
· 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
· A dash of hot sauce if desired (Tabasco, Cholula…)
· Salt and pepper to taste
(Approximately 45 calories per 1 cup serving)
1. Cook chopped onion and chopped celery with the chicken broth until onions and celery are softened.
This soup is also good served chunky…not blended. You can add chopped carrots, peppers, etc.