Ok...back to Mancake Pancakes. I made these today and was SOLD! I may be having these every day from here out! There are a few different ways I would like to try making these so I share all the ideas!
Here's the original recipe I made:
- 1/2 cup oatmeal – 1 Yellow
- 4 Egg whites + 1 yoke – 1 Red (you can leave out the yoke and just make it a 1/2 red)
- 1 green apple – 1 Purple
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat pan to medium heat.
- Combine the Egg/Egg whites, oats, vanilla and cinnamon in a bowl. (option 2 place ingredients in a blender if you like a smoother, more pancake-like consistency, I'll be trying this next). Stir or pulse a few times to combine.
- Add fruit (you can do apples, berries, banana)...depending on how you want your fruit either mix it in or blend it in.
- Pour into pan, cooking each side about 2 minutes or until you see the edges forming. Flip one time...eat and enjoy!
Optional Add Ins: Berries, banana, pumpkin, nuts...whatever you like!! Just remember to add the appropriate colored container!)
(Now, the other way to cook it up is just to "scramble" it all up like you would eggs vs having a "pancake". Either way is delicious!)