Two of my favorite things...Pumpkin and hummus!
What can be better than adding the two together in a delicious side dish! I have recently added hummus into my everyday snack with a bunch of veggies. I love the crunch of the veggies and the creaminess of the hummus! Sure does make getting my broccoli down a little easier! :)
There are so few ingredients in this recipe...this is all you need!
So first, I had to roast my garlic...I've never done this before but, thanks to pinchofyum.com she told me how! It's super easy, just simmer the garlic cloves in olive oil until golden!
Blend all the ingredients together, it was a bit thick but be patient, it will blend...and then, the final dish, so DELISH! Perfect blend of sweet and salty!
• 1-2 cloves roasted garlic (see above)
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 tablespoons water
• 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
• ⅔ cup pumpkin puree
• 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
• ½ teaspoon finely minced fresh rosemary (more to taste)
salt to taste
• To roast the garlic, I like to simmer the peeled cloves in a small saucepan with olive oil for 15-20 minutes over low/medium heat. The garlic gets the roast-y flavor and then you get some bonus garlic infused olive oil out of the deal. Bam.
• Puree all ingredients except rosemary in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add more oil or water as needed. Stir in the rosemary (I found that the blender didn’t really like the tough rosemary pieces in there so I just stirred it in at the end).
Serve with apple slices, crackers, carrots, wheat toast, raw or roasted vegetables, pita bread, and/or anything in the world.
Recipe from pinchofyum.com