I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE oatmeal...I could eat oatmeal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner...but I try to only enjoy it once a day! But this day, I ate a little piece of heaven in a bowl! It was the perfect blend of oatmeal, fruit, and crunch!
Now, I haven't made this myself yet...however, it will be made in the VERY near future!
|Clean Eating Breakfast Oatmeal Bake|
Breakfast Oatmeal Bake
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups low-fat or skim milk or almond milk
- 1/2 tsp best-quality vanilla
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or other dried fruit of your choice
- 1 large unpeeled Pink Lady apple, grated (apple should be firm)
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Salt to taste
- Eat Clean Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a 3 quart casserole dish or baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. If you are preparing this the night before don't add the liquid ingredients such as milk and grated apple until the morning.
- Place mixture in casserole dish. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.